Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Norton DMV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Norton DMV

    If there is a worse DMV in the state, I have yet to visit it.

    Went up there today to renew the registrations on two of my trailers. There were 6 or 7 people sitting in the waiting area with the same number waiting in line. As usual, there were only two employees behind the counter. I could see two more in the back just walking around and chatting.

    After waiting 10 minutes in line, I finally get my number. I ended up waiting long enough to fill out my forms, go outside, make a couple of calls, smoke a cig, then come back inside and wait another 10 minutes.

    I was there for about 45 minutes, had my business done with them in about 5 minutes.

    Why is the Norton office so damned slow?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton DMV

    Beaurocrats!!!! Don't you just love them??

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton DMV

    I hate the one in Norton. I usually stop by the one in Gate City.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  4. #4
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton DMV

    The one in Lee county isn't too bad.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton DMV

    I always check the DMV wait times online before going in - saves hassle.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton DMV

    Bob I dread it everytime I have to go. If it isn't the wait it is all the information they need just to talk to you. I am waiting on them to ask me what color my poop was the morning I go so they can renew my license. I would rather get my colon checked than go change my address or renew my license at that place.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member circus clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2007
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton DMV

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there is a worse DMV in the state, I have yet to visit it.

    Went up there today to renew the registrations on two of my trailers. There were 6 or 7 people sitting in the waiting area with the same number waiting in line. As usual, there were only two employees behind the counter. I could see two more in the back just walking around and chatting.

    After waiting 10 minutes in line, I finally get my number. I ended up waiting long enough to fill out my forms, go outside, make a couple of calls, smoke a cig, then come back inside and wait another 10 minutes.

    I was there for about 45 minutes, had my business done with them in about 5 minutes.

    Why is the Norton office so damned slow? </div></div>If the DMV would hire more people to work we would not have to take hours out of our day to get our stuff done.
    WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO BE FAIR TO ALL.
    WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton DMV

    I have always abhorred that DMV. That's where I went to take my driving test to get my license. The old woman flunked me because she said she thought I had one tire touch one of the yellow lines. After that, I lost my license when they fell out of my purse somewhere. I went back to try to get them replaced and had to fill out a form just to enter into the line to wait on my number. It took almost two hours and there weren't even 10 people in there. I have lived in two other states in areas much more populated than the city of norton (both around the 50,000 mark) and never had to wait that long. Not even in Tennessee when I had to deal with people coming up from Chattanooga to our DMV. I was in the TN DMV for about 45 mins to an hour and there were at least 30 people in front of me. And I was getting my license changed from another state to TN.

    As for another DMV, almost everybody I've talked to in Wise County says go to Clintwood. I think I might have to make that long drive and soon. I hate expiration dates.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •